Sunday, December 9, 2012

Final Post

As I stated in the beginning, this blog was an assignment for my environmental studies class at Western Michigan University.  It was a great project for me.  I had never written a blog before so it was a new experience that I am happy to have had. 

I was able to write about a topic that interested me and I learned a great deal when I conducted research for my posts.  The Michigan DNR website is a  great resource for those interested in all aspects of Michigan natural resources not just fish. I wished I would have started researching this topic earlier in the semester. I found out that our Sleeping Bear Dunes campsite was only a few miles from the Platte River Fish Hatchery.  If I had known it then I would have swung over and checked it out.

Even though I enjoyed blogging I will not be continuing this blog. Time management is the primary issue for discontinuing my blog.  I have spent several hours of research for each of my fish related posts and with my other commitments continuing this blog would be difficult.  Fun should be the word that goes along with a blog you do for yourself not difficult.  So, when my college career is over I might take up blogging  as a hobby.  This is it for my blog, I hope someone enjoyed reading it or at least learned something from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment